Sunday, March 27, 2011

Greetings!

     Greetings! I have been contemplating starting a blog for quite a while now. Over the past few months I have had a couple of major events in my life. I completed my Master of Arts Degree in Music Therapy, and I made the decision to head back to work full-time after being a stay-at-home mom for two years. 
     The decision to head back to work was very difficult for me. For my thesis, I chose to create my music therapy private practice. My goal was to begin my private practice in the Fall of 2011 when my daughter headed off to school. However, a full-time job was presented to me and in today's economy, I felt I's be silly not to accept a job offer. 
     I am now the Activity Director at a Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living facility. Working as an activity professional a few years ago, I wasn't sure I wanted the job. But, I was guaranteed the opportunity to offer music therapy to the residents and build a music therapy program within the activity department. Thus we come to the purpose of this blog. 
    It is my hope that this blog will serve as an outlet for myself as a working mom, and as a music therapist striving for success in the field. I also hope, that this blog will serve as a reference tool for music therapists working in long-term care settings as an activity professional. 
    Enjoy!
  

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the bloggy world friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the blog everyone. You have an incredibly smart and talented woman who started it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blog-o-sphere! Love seeing all the new music therapy blogs sprout up. Looking forward to engaging with you out here =)

    ReplyDelete